Pages

Translate

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Happy Winter

“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” 
---Edith Sitwell

"Wow"its cold... Winter is my favorite season. I was standing one beautiful winter afternoon near the window of my hostel . Cold Zephyr passed touching my soft ears giving some melodious music, it was like famous singer Celine Dion's heart touching magical voices. The Sun was also about to set by that time. Birds of different kinds returning back to their home. The vast blue sky turned to pale due to the Sun. 

During this season 
the cool western breeze coming from the hill side violently stroked my window   and people of the village, which turns all of us not get agitated easily compare to summer and humid season. Love can be seen spreading much more around during winter, people generally make a bonfire outside their houses and sit surrounding the fire which increases the unity among the family members. Lots of stories are evolved at the places where bonfire is done, if you are alone then winter would feel especially harsh and cold. but I love enjoying winter alone perhaps I want to talk to winter, i want to ask to winter why it comes so badly in our country where people die because of you(winter). I still love you because if you would not come then we can't see the charming beauty of the spring.

Winter time , I love sitting on river bank where fresh air hits my face. It gives me a very romantic feeling and atmosphere. When it gets too cold I get a cup of coffee or tea form the road  corner tea stall  to warm my body up, the feeling is just like heaven. the tea stall i did not notice during the summer when i walked on that road. 
every morning in winter I look out from my window and seeing dense fog falling from the sky and it was such an amazing feeling. it is a beautiful creation likes a gift from Heaven to Earth. i used to keep watching the scene for a long time, which gives me a great pleasure in my mind. 

 I’m back! This is the peak season of the year to picnic in my place, Assam. There are various ways in which I try to entertains myself. Picnic in winters is kind of open air entertainment. Arranging a picnic, oh! its an awesome experience. It is a feast in the forest, the participants, with all their necessary articles, go to the woods where we cook together, sit together, dance together,sing together and eat together. Then we come back with light heart and happy mind. It inspires us a common action among our friends. It keeps us in a good holiday-mood in winter. 

  Eventually I feel much happier during winter which could be that I was born in the end of September which is autumn to winter period therefore winter is my favourite season.  Winter is like fog cleansing the earth to delights. You will feel refreshed and the air is clean and cool. All this are the reasons why i love winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment